Honda Freed And Freed Spike Hybrid – Review
02 May 2013
It has been a long wait for the all new Honda Freed Hybrid minivan and Freed Spike Hybrid tall wagon. Well.your wait is all over now. Honda Motor Co. Ltd., has recently got them going. The 6-seater Honda Freed offers you comfort and convenience- the ones that you would be expecting in a family oriented spacious minivan. Reasonability in pricing adds to the deal of economy. If you are on the lookout for a smooth and sleek ride of spacious comfort, then both Freed as well as the Spike Hybrid from the house of Honda is sure to fit into your bills of needs. Just go to your nearest Honda showroom and get ready to experience a smooth ride and a home like feel with this new car.
Based on the Jazz/fit (Honda Jazz) platform, Freed is available in different versions: A 5-seater, multi-purpose vehicle, a 7-seater version featuring the captain’s seat in the second row and also the 8-seater version. Some of the other exclusive highlights are:
- Aerodynamic designing of the exterior
- Feature 3-point ELR seat belts,
- Exclusive hybrid digital meters,
- The compactly designed minivan looks classy as well as sleek
- The van is marked by the presence of five doors
Improvisations brought about
- Engine model based on gasoline
- Electric winch with the latest features
- Models provided with the options of a wheel chair
- Seats provided with three pointed belts
- Use of combination pattern of lighting
- Provision of armrests
Features and specifications
- Honda Freed derives its power from a I-VTEC engine of 1.5 liter
- The all new Honda Freed or Freed Spike Hybrid is here with the engine of 1.5L with the horsepower.
- It is marked by the presence of a manually controllable gear-box, perhaps Honda Freed happens to be the first hybrid characterized by the presence of a manually controllable gearbox.
- The gearbox of the FWD minivan includes the feature of speed variability.
Performance of the engine
The engine is able to generate 98 Horsepower, the torque measurement comes to the figure of 159 Newtonmeter.
Speed in seconds- 0-60mph in less than ten seconds
Price of the vehicle
You can buy your new car at reasonable rates of affordability. Price is somewhere around $27,027 . But to know the exact price you can contact the nearest Honda showroom.
The leading points of advantages
- As far as the fuel economy is concerned, the aforementioned type offers you the best possible deal.
- Amazing speed and power of its engine are some of the other facets of benefit.
- The car gives you a home like feel with its overwhelming spaciousness.
- Safety options equip the car with the stamped trademark of security.
- Honda Freed comes in different versions, and you can choose the one that suits you well.
Some of the cons
- As compared to the other models of Honda, the all new Honda freed Hybrid has no basic flaw but as recorded the freed hybrid doesn’t support the rear air condition system.
- So, you might just prefer to buy the 7-seater version with which cool air can blow to the third row without any blockage due to the second row in the between.
Features of safety
- Honda is equipped with a useful array of safety features . They have been specifically designed to minimize the eventuality and impacts of an accident. One of the leading aspects of safety relates to the presence of the MPV dispersing system that spreads the force of the car during an accident, and drive you all the way safely in your home like Honda freed hybrid.
- The hinges and wipers of the front glass are also very safely and intelligently wipes away the tears to avoid any accident.
- The MPV also offers the Anti-locking system which helps you to overcome the potentially dangerous situations.
It has been launched in Japan, and you can check out the brand specific websites for soliciting details about its availability.
The auto critics as well as the users have been found lauding the minivan on counts of its economy, mileage and eco-efficiency. The Asian market seems to be more optimistic about the family oriented minivan than those existing elsewhere.